The mechanics in Royal Palm Beach and Wellington shops inspect used cars for our customers. Private sellers are not bound to the same strict oversight as dealerships, so you must have a scrupulous mindset when inspecting a used car. Maybe you can’t bring it to us or your local mechanic. That’s okay we can still help you. Just bring the following items with you for inspecting:
- A notebook and pen for taking notes and recording the vehicle identification number, mileage and asking price
- Paper towels for checking the engine oil
- A small flashlight for looking under the car for leaks and corrosion
- A small magnet for detecting concealed body work
- A CD for testing the car stereo
- Inspection checklist
- If possible, an auto history report
You don’t want this car!
Run down the following checklist. To make sure you hit everything, print this page and take it with you when conducting your inspection.
- Walk away if the seller objects to your inspection
- Don’t feel rushed while inspecting
- Have a mechanic to assess checklist results
- Use major flaws against the asking price
We want to help you to make the right decision for your safety and spending your hard earned money. Buying a car isn’t easy and its a big decision. Always feel free to take your time and talk to your local mechanics about the pros and cons you feel may or may not occur. They may even be able to suggest a better car to suit your needs.
If you are near either location you can always come in to Bill Tyson’s Auto Repair, we are happy to help!