Bringing in your car when you know something other than an oil change may be needed because it’s been acting funny can make anyone nervous. This is like watching the Ebola virus come closer to Florida or waiting for the next Walking Dead episode. It gets tense. We get it. We know that a $10,000 estimate is ridiculous but has happened to you before.
Here are the top things that you can do, should do in the future and what you should never do.
– ask friends or family for a trusted auto repair shop
– bring it in as soon as possible for an estimate
– if you still don’t feel right get a second opinion
– in the future, if you notice anything, don’t let it go for too long
– look for reviews on Yelp, Facebook, and talk to people who you know have had work done on their cars. If they had a less than great experience, they will tell you where to AVOID.
– find an auto repair store near you, like Bill Tyson’s Auto Repair, that does a thorough 21 point inspection even when you bring it in for something small like an oil change. We let you know if their is trouble ahead for free.
SHOULD NEVER DO
– you do NOT have to stick to the dealership service center (it will not void your warranty)
– do NOT let a small problem sit until it becomes a big expensive problem
– do NOT be afraid to ask about Loyalty and Discount Programs, we have one at Bill Tyson’s Auto Repair